Thomas Cook India brings Domestic Tourism to the forefront
Launches Bucket List of 15 ‘must visit’ gems of India with #travelpledge2022
Thomas Cook (India) Ltd., India’s leading integrated travel and related financial services company, spearheads the domestic tourism agenda in line with Prime Minister Modi’s message encouraging citizens to travel across the country. By recommending a list of 15 ‘must visit’ destinations to explore across India through its campaign #travelpledge2022, Thomas Cook India provides impetus to Indians to discover the diversity of our country- unique facets of its history, culture, cuisine and scenic beauty.
Thomas Cook India’s internal data reveals the significant demand for domestic tourism with a growth of over 25% YoY over the last 3 years. The company’s research also highlights the keen interest of today’s travellers in rediscovering their roots while indulging in unique experiences. Additionally, that social sharing via insta-worthy vacations is serving to further dive this demand- especially among Millennials.
Aiming to bring domestic tourism into the spotlight, Thomas Cook India has launched 15 bucket list destinations -to entice Indians to explore and unveil the gems of our country:
1. Mawlynnong (Meghalaya) - The cleanest village of Asia
2. Taj Mahal (Agra) – The ultimate emblem of love – a UNESCO world Heritage Site
4. Statue of Unity (Gujarat) - The largest monolithic statue of India
5. Khajuraho (Madhya Pradesh) - Finest sculptures from the past – UNESCO World Heritage Site
6. Rishikesh (Uttarakhand) - The Yoga capital of the world
7. Ladakh on a Motor Bike – An adventure ride to Nubra Valley, Tso Moriri, Pangong and more
8. Jim Corbett National Park (Uttarakhand) - Tigers which attracted the Man vs. Wild Show
9. Konark Sun Temple (Odisha) - 13th Century Sun Temple – UNESCO World Heritage Site
10. Temples & Ganga Ghat of Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh) – said to be the world's oldest City
11. Kaziranga National Park (Assam) - Witness the one horned Rhino
12. Gulmarg (Kashmir) - Paradise on Earth
13. Valley of flowers (Uttarakhand) - Indian national park, home to millions of flowers
14. Khajjiar (Himachal Pradesh) - Mini Switzerland of India
15. Backwaters of Kerala – Enjoy the serene lakes, canals and lagoons in God’s own Country
Thomas Cook India’s domestic packages start from Rs 8,929 per person on twin share; the range of destinations include favourites like Puducherry, Wayanad, Cherrapunji, Shillong, Kumaon, Darjeeling, Dalhousie and Coorg, among others.