This World Dance Day groove to the first-ever Online Dance Festival organized by
Dance with Madhuri
As the whole world practices social distancing by staying safe in their own homes, organizations , have stepped up by using the power of the digital world and Madhuri Dixit Nene’s dance academy Dance with Madhuri(DWM) has taken a lead to help people relieve stress while learning something new, during these difficult times.
Dance With Madhuri(DWM) is organizing a first of its kind two-day online dance festival which kickstarted on 29th April 2020 on World Dance Day. The festival will take place across Dance With Madhuri social properties like Instagram, YouTube and their website and users will get an opportunity to learn different dance forms, attend LIVE workout sessions and a series of interesting sessions & masterclasses.
29th April, Day 1 of the festival will witness :
● Kruti Mahesh, the national award winning dancer/choreographer will share thoughts & tips for budding dancers on “How to turn your passion for dance into a profession?”
● Dance & fitness goes hand in hand. Harish Shetty, an ace fitness coach will host a session on “Dance and fitness during these tough times of COVID 19”
● The highlight of the day - a dance master class with the queen of Bollywood, Madhuri Dixit Nene. Learn 5 of the most iconic songs like “Ek do Teen” “Tamma Tamma” “Ghagra” & "Aaja Nachle" in an exclusive mashup
● Shalini Bhargava would take a 45 minute dance fitness session featuring Masala bhangra & cardio pilates
● Mohena Kumari Singh will converse about the surge of dance influencers, Tik Tok, dance challenges and more.
● Get inspired by the story of Kumar Sharma who will talk about his journey as a dancer and choreographer as part of the Masterclass on day 1 of the festival
● Closing Day 1 of the DWM Dance Festival with a bang, attend a class by Bertwin D’Souza covering the basics of hip hop
Day 2 will witness a range of sessions & dance classes featuring the legends Pt. Birju Maharaj ji, Saroj Khan and more. The day kickstarts with Bhakti Deshpande on a session about Indian classical dance forms followed by dance classes from Parth Sethi, Somya Kautia and Aishwarya Radhakrishnan.
The The first edition of the 2 day, DWM Dance Festival 2020 ends with a special masterclass & interaction between the “dhak dhak girl” Madhuri Dixit Nene and Farah Khan a personality who dons many hats of a dancer, choreographer, director & producer.
Commenting on the same, Madhuri Dixit Nene says, “With the ongoing global lockdown, we wanted to provide our users with an opportunity to relieve stress while learning something new within the sanctity of their own homes. After successfully enabling our users to learn for free from our platform since 1st April, we have created an online experience for our dance community with the DWM Dance Festival. It will be 2 days of fun and learning from the best dancers, choreographers and industry experts.”
This festival will surely make the best use of everyone’s time and beat the lockdown blues. It was Streamed LIVE on 29th & 30th April only on dancewithmadhuri.com
Click here to watch Madhuri's videos on
Madhuri Dixit Nene Video: