This Eid enjoy a delicious spread with Hershey’s
With Eid al-Adha around the corner, it’s time to celebrate and savour on some lip smacking dishes. This Eid, treat yourself and your family with a sumptuous Eid staple. Try these easy Hershey’s recipes and give your quintessential Eid spread a pleasant twist.
1) Hershey’s Sheer Korma Sips
· 1 liter milk
· 1 tablespoon ghee
· 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
· 1 tablespoon chopped cashewnuts
· 2 tablespoons charoli
· ¼ cup chopped beetroot (brunoise)
· HERSHEY’S Strawberry Flavoured Syrup as needed
· Dry vermicelli (gradually would melt inside it)
· 15gms icing sugar
· 5gms Dried rose petals
· In a pan, add ghee and dried fruits and roast it. Then add beetroot.
· Pour in the milk and cook till the beetroot is cooked and the nuts are blended in.
· Add HERSHEY’S Strawberry Flavoured Syrup and cook till the milk almost touches a boil like a badam milk.
· You now add the vermicelli and remove it off the heat.
· For plating purpose, roast the vermicili in ghee, pour the sheer kurma into shot glasses and place the vermicili on top like a nest. Dust icing sugar and sprinkle dried rose petals
2) Hershey’s JoCo phirni
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 mins
· ½ cup Sorghum (Jowar), roasted and ground coarsely
· 1¼ liter Full Cream Milk
· ½ cup Hershey’s Chocolate flavoured syrup
· 1 tsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
· 4-5 nos Cardamom, crushed
· 1 tsp Dried rose petals, for garnish
• In a pan, roast the jowar with clarified butter till it is dry and coarsely ground it.
• In a wide thick bottomed sauce pan, add the ground jowar and milk. Bring to a boil and later cook on a low heat until jowar cooks. The milk would start thickening
• Keep stirring continuously, add Hershey’s chocolate flavored syrup and stir together
• Add in the crushed cardamoms
• Now remove from heat and let it cool down a little
• For serving, pour little chocolate flavored syrup in a small clamp jar and add the cooked phirni till top. Garnish with dried rose petals
• Set in the fridge for 2-3 hours and serve chilled
3) Hershey’s Chocolaty Sheera
· 3 tbsp ghee
· 100 gm semolina (suji)
· 200 ml water
· 2 tbsp. HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavored Syrup
· ¼ Cup Sugar
· Put a saucepan on medium heat, add the ghee and let it melt.
· Once the ghee melts, add semolina and roast till the color changes to a light golden brown.
· Add water slowly followed by HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavored Syrup.
· Keep stirring
· Cover the pan and let the mixture simmer for 2 minutes.
· Garnish with sliced almonds and serve hot.
4) Hershey’s Shahi Kalakand Phirni
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
· 650 ml of milk 40gms soaked rice,
· crushed 250 ml HERSHEY'S Chocolate Flavoured Syrup
· 1 tsp Cardamom powder
· 2 tsp pistachios sliced (blanched & skinned)
· 100 g Kalakand
· Heat milk on low flame in a heavy bottom broad pan & heat till it reduces to half, keep stirring at intervals so that the lumps are not formed
· As the milk reduces, pour in the rice paste and stir continuously. Do not let the paste stick to the bottom of the pan
· As the mixture starts to thicken, pour in HERSHEY'S Chocolate Flavoured Syrup and mix
· Once the mixture has thickened & reaches coating consistency, add cardamom powder & mix thoroughly, cook further for 2-3 minutes more
· Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool for a while
· Pour in individual serving bowls & garnish with pistachio slices & crumbled kalakand
5) Hershey’s Nuts Barfi
· 1 cup cashew powder
• ½ cup sesame paste (toasted sesame ground, like tahini)
• 1½ tablespoons chopped almond
• 1½ tablespoons chopped pistachios
• 1½ tablespoons chopped cashewnuts
• 1/3 cup HERSHEY’S Strawberry Flavor Syrup
· In a heavy bottom pan, add ghee to heat a little
· To the ghee, add cashew powder, sesame paste & chopped nuts. Cook all this together till the moisture evaporates, but ensure not to make the mixture brown
· Add HERSHEY’S Strawberry Flavor Syrup & cook till its combined & semi dry
· Place barﬁ trays on your work platform & tip the mixture into the trays enough to ﬁll the trays evenly
· For garnish sprinkle pista on the tray. Overturn the tray, on your work table, & turn it back to let the pistas stick into the halwa
· Set the hallway for a 3 - 4 hours
· Cut the halwa into bite sized squares, plate & garnish with some more Pista