ICICI Bank partners with Greater Chennai Corporation and Chennai Smart City Limited to launch ‘Namma Chennai Smart Card’
· Citizens can use the multi-purpose card for making payments at Greater Chennai Corporation centres, shopping online or at physical stores across the country
ICICI Bank today announced the launch of a Common Payment Card System (CPCS) in partnership with the Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC) and Chennai Smart City Limited (CSCL) to provide citizens a one-stop solution for making various kind of payments within the city and beyond. Called ‘Namma Chennai Smart Card’, the Rupay powered co-branded, contactless prepaid card, will facilitate various digital payments like tax and utility bill payments at the GCC centres. Additionally, the prepaid card facilitates retail payments within Chennai as well as in retail stores and e-commerce websites across the country.
Thiru Edappadi K. Palaniswami, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, unveiled the ‘Namma Chennai Smart Card’ in the presence of Mr. Vetrivel G., Zonal Head - Institutional Business & GBG, ICICI Bank; Mr. Maddipatla Himadar, Zonal Head- Retail, ICICI Bank and other senior officials of the Bank.
Speaking about the partnership, Mr. Sudipta Roy, Head- Unsecured Assets, ICICI Bank, “ICICI Bank has always been at the forefront of introducing path breaking digital solutions which aims to offer simplicity and convenience to our customers. We are delighted to associate with Greater Chennai Corporation and Chennai Smart City Limited to launch the ‘Namma Chennai Smart Card’. This new proposition aims at offering unparalleled convenience to the residents of Chennai and is a significant step towards transforming it into a Smart City. This is a testament to our constant efforts at creating a less cash ecosystem across the country, thereby encouraging our customers to adopt to digital modes of making payments. We look forward to more such collaborations with the Tamil Nadu Government to co-create solutions that offer flexibility and convenience to our valued customers.”
This new initiative will make Chennai a part of the list of international cities that offer a Common Payment Card platform to its residents for making seamless payments for an array of services within the city.
With the ‘Namma Chennai Smart Card’, residents will be able to undertake the following activities:
· Payments at GCC centres: Residents can use the card to make tax/ utility bill payments at the GCC centers. This facility will be available in few weeks.
· Shop online and at stores: Armed with the card, residents can purchase goods from retail stores, pay for movie tickets, dine and shop online on e-commerce websites across the country.
· Manage card online: The card is backed by various features, which residents can manage seamlessly online on a dedicated customer portal*. These include features like card block/unblock, activation, pin-reset etc. Additionally, in the coming days residents will also be able to reload the card digitally through UPI on the customer portal or the iSmart City app.
· Avail Exciting offers: Customers will also get exciting discount offers on the card round the year, which will be promoted in the coming days on the Bank’s website.
Residents can get the card issued and topped-up at GCC Main office at Ripon Building in Park Town and GCC Zone 10 office at Kodambakkam, in Chennai. This facility will soon be extended to over 200 GCC centres in the city.
*Dedicated portal for ‘Namma Chennai Smart Card’: https://smartcity.icicibank.
For media queries, write to: corporate.communications@