12 stays for a quick Christmas getaway
Ideal travel destinations recommended by Airbnb to celebrate Christmas
With the magical season of Christmas around the corner, it is that time of the year when you can reconnect with your loved ones, soak in the festive flavours, and vibe to the spirit of the season. It is also the perfect time for a quick getaway, to explore and experience places around you and enjoy that cosy Christmas feeling in a home away from home.
Wondering where you can treat yourself to a lavish and peaceful escapade? From tranquil retreats to scenic views, here are 12 amazing recommendations from Airbnb to help you usher the festive season and end the year on the right note.
Serene nature retreats for some much-deserved R&R
Why not spend the holiday in the lap of nature amidst snow-kissed mountains, outdoor roasts, and tall trees outside your windows?
- Mussoorie at this time of the year is spectacular. One can check into this lovely tree house in the Kailasa forests, to soak in fresh mountain air, acres of lush greenery, and mesmerising mountain views. One can trek, hike, and make snow Santas in the day and cosy up under the starry skies for some s'mores and peppermint schnapps hot chocolate.
- Take the higher road, literally, with this quaint little eco-friendly stay. This characterful stay boasts of picturesque mountain foothills and a complete home-away-from-home vibe with eco-friendly designs, peaceful nooks, and a grand view of the Dhauladhars.
- If you’re near Karnataka at this time of the year, explore Airbnb’s greenhouse, where the sun cascades through the glass windows, as you savour Christmas delicacies while marvelling at the exotic flora surrounding you. And while you’re indulging in pots of free-flowing coffee, you can also immerse yourself in the cheerful local festivities.
- If you want to stay in Maharashtra, Airbnb’s farm stay is a perfect Christmas getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city. If Christmas is all about warm and comfortable stays with bright colours, Mohraan is just the place for you along with plenty of adventures and great spreads to feast on.
Glass houses with picturesque views
Look through the windows and enjoy the festive décor of the nature that bring the festive vibe into your home.
- Kerala is known to be the best destination in South India and is famous for its Christmas celebrations. If you’re thinking of exploring the state, you can do it from this A-shaped glass house, with magnificent views in the day while letting the stars add the celebratory sparkle to your evenings.
- Tucked away in the pine forests of Manali, overlooking open lands and rolling hills, Taara House boasts of abundant space and openness. If you’re dreaming of a white Christmas, Manali will not disappoint but what’s great is you can enjoy it all while sitting by the fire, in the comfort of your home.
- What’s not to love about Goa in Christmas, all you have to do is replace your Santa hats with sunny ones. In Goa, you’re always right in the middle of everything and everywhere, from beaches to culture to nightlife. If you check into this glassy Vagator stay, you’ll have access to your own pool and be just half an hour away from the most popular beaches and restaurants.
- Imagine sipping on hot cocoa while sitting on your bed and looking up to the stars! The Grinch will surely have a lot to fight against once you check into this glass house with breath-taking views of Nainital.
Luxurious stays that are sure to impress
Treat your family to a luxurious holiday, and roll out the red carpet as the whole family rediscovers the magic of Christmas.
- What could be more Christmassy than staying tucked in your bed, watching movies, and having a backdrop as well as a foreground of Mahabaleshwar’s most picturesque mountains? Bring in a super stylish Christmas in the rolling countryside at this sprawling bungalow , perfect for big groups or small.
- Who needs mistletoes when you’ve checked into paradise? Plenty of loveable moments are guaranteed at Airbnb’s Bougainvilla, situated just off Mumbai, in the lovely Madh Island. If you can’t travel too far, this would be the perfect way to get away and indulge in some cosy, family time together.
- Your Christmas season is sure to get a royal touch if you check into this palatial stay. The palace is majestic, and you can enjoy the spirit of the season on the streets of Jaipur. Be sure to try out delicious plum cakes from some of the best bakeries in town.
- With the ultimate coastal retreat, Christmas is guaranteed to get brighter. Casa Da Rosa is set in coconut and mango groves amidst the paddy fields of Goa. Close to the shoreline, with four bedrooms, a pool and stacks of outdoor space, this is sure to be a perfect getaway this Christmas.
Celebrate your Christmas and New Years and enjoy the much-needed downtime with your loved ones.