Five characters of Abhishek Bachchan that are etched in the memories of his fans
For a man who has always been on point with his acting, Abhishek Bachchan has time and again impressed the audience with his spectacular performance. Starting from his debut in Refugee to his 2018 hit Manmarziyaan, the actor has not stopped impressing people and winning hearts in one or the other way.
Abhishek Bachchan has come a long way and redefined the way the audience looks at him. This month he completes 20 years in the industry so we list down five performances by Bachchan junior that left his fans amazed and wanting for more.
1. Lallan in Yuva – The critically acclaimed 2004 Mani Ratnam’s political drama ‘Yuva’ was a multi-starrer but it was Lallan’s character that left the audience spell-bound. Lallan was raw, rustic, abusive, greedy, and dangerous, and Abhishek Bachchan molded himself into the character and the personality quite well. His dynamic act in the film is till date considered to be one of his most memorable performance.
2. Rakesh/Bunty in Bunty Aur Babli - The story, sizzling chemistry between Rani and Abhishek, a rather fun and entertaining plot with mind-blowing soundtracks went on to win hearts of audiences all over. The actor was widely praised for his conman act and the movie went on to become one of the highest-grossing films of 2005.
3. ACP Jay Dixit in Dhoom Series – Who doesn’t love the Dhoom series? Since 2004, the trio of films in this series has left us wanting more and Abhishek Bachchan’s portrayal of ACP Jay Dixit is a huge part of it. He has shown us versatility with the character arc of Jay Dixit who is always on a hunt for the antagonist in the movie. The series surely couldn’t have been a hit without the Bachchan junior playing the stylish, no-nonsense role of a cop.
4. Guru Bhai in Guru – Mani Ratnam teamed up with Abhishek Bachchan again for Guru which became Bachchan’s highest-grossing and second most critically acclaimed film after Yuva. The rag to riches story saw Bachchan portray Gurukant Desai - from a young and ambitious dreamer to an aging and ailing billionaire. The actor beautifully owned the film and was widely appreciated for the performance.
5. Robbie in Manmarziyaan – Robbie was someone who was serious and polite, spoke so softly that every girl’s family would want him for their daughter. Abhishek Bachchan’s performance as Robbie left the audience go crazy over the intensive, fiery, and yet a decent act. Anurag Kashyap’s directorial love triangle was a reminder to the audience that Abhishek Bachchan is much more than what we have been seeing.
With so many intriguing and captivating performances, we wish Bachchan Junior keeps on entertaining his audience with many more remarkable projects in future.