Safe, convenient, contactless - McDonald’s launches a unique ‘On-the-go’ service to get you your favourite food in the comfort of your vehicle
Are you missing your favourites from McDonald’s a little too much? You can now drive to any McDonald’s restaurant in West and South India for a completely contactless takeout of your order, without leaving the safety and comfort of your car! Westlife Development, the company that owns and operates McDonald’s restaurants in West and South India, has now introduced a unique ‘On the Go’ take-out service on their McDelivery app that enables contactless ordering and collection of the order from your vehicle. Can getting your McDonald’s food get any more convenient?
Procedure for ‘On the Go’
· Open the McDelivery app and select ‘On the Go’ option
· Keep your location setting on so that the app can show you nearest available stores
· Select a store on your route from your point of origin to the destination
· Pick a store, order your meal and pay online
· Once the order is confirmed, the store will start preparing your meal fresh, depending on your ETA (estimated time of arrival)
· Park your car at a pre-designated pick-up point and your order will be delivered to you right in your vehicle, in a completely contactless manner
Speaking on the announcement of this new feature, Smita Jatia, Director, Westlife Development Ltd, said, “This innovation has been enabled by our strong digital backbone. With this unique on-the-go service, we aim to address our customers’ growing concerns around safety and hygiene as well as their need for heightened convenience. Using this feature, customers can order their food on the app and collect it from a spot close to the store without ever leaving the safety and comfort of their vehicles. With this, we have virtually converted all our restaurants into drive-thru stores, at minimal cost.”
McDonald’s India has been taking the lead in paving the way for the new post-COVID era of dining. The QSR brand has already launched contactless delivery and take-out services. It has also introduced its ‘Golden Guarantee’ proposition - a 42 pointer process checklist to ensure that the food and the brand experience remains completely safe for its customers and its people, every step of the way.