QUAKER INDIA LAUNCHES ‘DO IT YOURSELF BREKKIES’ A SPECIAL VIDEO SERIES ON YOUTUBE TO PROMOTE HEALTHY BREAKFAST EATING
- The snackable video content features tasty & nutritious breakfast recipes launched on YouTube
- A special Cookbook also launched, featuring 30 sweet & savory recipes for your everyday breakfast
To indulge in the goodness of oats, Quaker India, one of India’s leading brands in the oats segment, has launched Do It Yourself (DIY) Brekkies, a special video series on YouTube to promote everyday healthy breakfast eating. The snackable video series (60-90 seconds) on YouTube, offers variety of recipes to add an ‘oat-a-licous’ twist to everyday breakfast dishes and will continue to populate with more recipes in coming time. To further showcase the deliciousness and versatility of oats, Quaker has released a special Cookbook with 30 sweet and savoury oats recipes.
Packed with 2X protein, fiber and micronutrients, Quaker Oats serves as the perfect way to start your day, giving you the nutritious energy to keep you going.
Talking about the launch, Mr. Dilen Gandhi, Sr. Director and Category Head – Foods, PepsiCo India, said, “In recent months, the consumer demand for healthy foods has increased, which has heightened consumer adoption of Quaker Oats in one's daily routine. Breakfast is an important part of maintaining routine and we are thrilled to launch DIY Brekkies that provides a wide array of tasty breakfast recipes for our audiences. Keeping this in mind, along with the fact that our existing audience is continuously looking for ways to incorporate this versatile food grain in their meals, we have also launched the Quaker Cookbook that provides easy-to-make and healthy Quaker Oats recipes. With this, we will continue to develop familiar and delicious ways to consume this healthy grain.”
Commenting on the rise of food-related content on YouTube, Kaushik Dasgupta, Group Head, Insights & Partnerships, Google India said, "Food is an evergreen content category on YouTube. But with activity and entertainment getting constrained this year, India is tuning into YouTube for a change of taste, with people watching videos related to recipes and cooking at a rate over 45% higher than compared to last year. We have also seen a surge in video views of content with 'restaurant style' in the title, and how to cook meals with limited supplies. These are Indian jugaad recipes of inventiveness, creativity and ingredient substitutes."
Expressing her delight on the launch, Ritu Nakra, WPP India Lead – PepsiCo Foods, said, “In today’s world where health and immunity are top of mind, our consumers are looking for ways to make their oats dishes in a variety of ways. Also, our audience often perceives Oats as a sweet dish. To fight this sweet myth and to illustrate the versatility of Quaker Oats as a savoury dish, we are delighted to launch DIY Brekkies and the Quaker Cookbook. This initiative will bring to the table multiple breakfast recipes that are delicious and easy to make and share exciting new ways to have this nutritious grain.”
Each Quaker recipe showcases the versatility of Quaker Oats and how they can add that punch of nutrition and flavour to our regular breakfast as well as other meals. Check out some of these ‘oat-a-licious’ recipes on DIY Brekkies or download the complete Cookbook
- OATS DOSA
One of India’s favourite breakfast choice, but with an ‘oat-a-licious’ twist. Enjoy this classic dish and the authentic flavours of South India as you bite into this crispy dosa filled with aromatic potato filling, perfectly accompanied with chutney.
Quaker Oats (powdered*)
1 cup (100gms)
¼ cup (25gms)
1 ½ cups (300 ml. approx.)
Green Chilli (chopped)
Potatoes (boiled and mashed roughly)
Mustard Seeds (Rai)
Dry Red Chilli (broken into pieces)
Salt & Red Chilli Powder
1. Heat pan and add the dry red chilli and mustard seeds.
2. When it crackles, add onions, curry leaves and green chillies.
3. Cook on low heat till the onions turn soft.
4. Add red chilli powder, sambar powder and potatoes.
5. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes and keep aside.
6. Mix Quaker Oats* powder, urad dal powder and water in a vessel to obtain a thin pouring batter.
7. Keep aside for 5-10 minutes till it becomes slightly thick.
8. Heat a non-stick pan. Pour a ladle of batter on low flame, spreading from inside to get a round shape.
9. When the edges turn brown, put some filling in the centre and fold over.
10. Remove and serve with chutney.
*For powdered Quaker Oats, roast Quaker Oats for 2-3 minutes. Cool and grind in a mixer. Makes 5-6 dosa
- OATS DHOKLA
This easy-to-make Oats Dhokla is the ideal companion to your evening tea, offering the perfect punch of flavours and tang with chillies, mustard, ginger, and Quaker Oats.
Quaker Oats (roasted and powdered*)
Gram Flour (Besan)
Curd (prepared from skimmed milk)
1. Make a batter using Quaker Oats, curd and besan. Mix and keep aside for 1 hour.
2. Add ginger and baking powder and mix well.
3. Grease a thali, pour dhokla batter in it and steam till done and set.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, chopped green chillies and 2 tsp water.
5. Pour over dhokla. Cut into square pieces and serve.
*For powdered Quaker Oats, roast Quaker Oats for 2-3 minutes. Cool and grind in a mixer.
3. QUAKER APPLE AND CINNAMON OVERNIGHT OATS
An ultimate delight to please the sweet cravings, the recipe has the goodness of fresh berries, juicy mangoes, and punchy oranges, enough to pack energy for the whole day. What better way to start the day, than with a bright and tasty jar of Overnight Oats!
For Soaking Overnight Oats
For Summer Fruit Compote
As per taste
Passion fruit pulp
As per taste
For Assembling In The Jar
Prepared Overnight Soaked Oats
Apple (cut into cubes)
Strawberries (thickly sliced)
Kiwi (cut into cubes)
Prepared summer compote
Soaked Flax Seeds (alsi seeds)
Mint Leaves (to garnish)
For Soaking The Oats Overnight
1. Soak Quaker Oats in a jar with milk & orange juice overnight.
For Summer Fruit Compote
2. Heat saucepan, add some butter and add in fruits like gooseberries, mangoes, passion fruit, etc. Cook with honey and some water, lastly add cinnamon powder & cool down.
For Assembling In The Jar
3. Take a mason jar and arrange sliced strawberries sticking to the glass at the bottom.
4. Then set the first layer with overnight oats, add in chopped apples, and soaked flax seeds, then add the summer fruit compote & lastly ass cut fruits on top.