Vikram Solar becomes India’s largest module
manufacturer with upto
2.5 GWcapacity; Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu inaugurates
1.3 GW module facility in Chennai
· The first largest solar manufacturing unit in the state of Tamil Nadu;
· Capable of handling module wattage upto 640 watts
· ~1,000 jobs estimated to be created in the current first phase
Vikram Solar, one of India’s leading module manufacturer and comprehensive EPC solutions & rooftop solar provider announced a new solar photovoltaic (PV)module manufacturing facility located at IndoSpace Industrial Park, Oragadam, Tamil Naduinaugurated by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Mr M.K.Stalin. The new manufacturing facility has a 1.3 GW module manufacturing capacity annually. With this unit, Vikram Solar’s cumulative PV module manufacturing capacity reaches 2.5GW,which is currently the largest in India. It is aligned to the Hon’ble Prime Minister’s vision of making India self-reliant in solar manufacturing.
- Dedicated to the people of the state of Tamil Nadu
- Equipped with high-tech automation and is compliant with industry 4.0 standards
- Forward compatibility with upcoming technologies such as M12 cell modules, high-efficiency bi-facial & smart modules
- 0.13 million square ft. production area
- Proximity to the sea-port will enable faster and cost-effective transportation
Adding further, he said, “This is an extension of our endeavour to provide high quality, reliable, technologically superior products and timely delivery to our customers. It will further contribute as an R&D platform for next-gen module technology. We have extensively leveraged digitization to ensure reliable and efficient manufacturing operations. We thank the Tamil Nadu government for their continued support and conducive environment to enable ease of doing business within the state.”
The state-of-the-art machinery deployed at the factory and the convergence of digitization with manufacturing will recast the global manufacturing landscape and give Vikram Solar the competitive-edge. We have implemented digital production display board, the Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) enabled inspection for zero defect amongst various such emerging technologies.The digitization initiatives havefurther enabled seamless process like lean manufacturing, reducing and controlling wastages.Vikram Solar’s manufacturing footprint consists of 1.2 GW facility inFalta, West Bengal and the new facility of 1.3 GW in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The company has shipped over 3.5 GW PV modules globally.